In today’s society, ambition and productivity reign supreme. Physical health and taking care of your body is just as crucial as this professional pursuit mindset. A simple, but powerful way to achieve this is by aiming to walk 10,000 steps per day.
We are going to take a look at the value, importance, and advantages of reaching this daily goal, in addition to strategies you can implement to make this a daily habit.
The Value of 10,000 Steps
The central idea of walking 10,000 daily steps increased in popularity because it is associated with increased activity levels, which can lead to overall better health. While 10,000 itself is not a magic number, it does serve as a measurable guideline to follow that helps to promote physical movement. Here is why 10,000 steps holds value and is worth consideration:
- Cardiovascular Health: Regular walking can help to improve heart health as it can help lower the risk of heart disease, reduce blood pressure, and/or improve overall circulation. It is a simple, but effective way to help increase your cardiovascular health.
- Weight Management: Walking helps with the burning of calories. Burning calories contributes to weight management. By implementing a 10,000 step daily goal into your routine, it can help you achieve or maintain a healthy weight.
- Mental Well-Being: Any type of physical activity helps to release endorphins that can boost your mood and reduce stress or anxiety. Walking is a natural mood lifter, which can help you to stay focused on other goals you have.
- Increased Energy Levels: Regular exercise can help to boost your energy level, helping you to stay alert and energetic throughout the day.
Setting a goal of walking 10,000 steps per day has great value, and also additional advantages that come with it too.
Advantages of Walking 10,000 Steps
Walking 10,000 steps per day can also include the following advantages with it:
- Consistency: Setting a daily goal encourages consistency and dedication to your overall health. To achieve long-term health benefits, consistency is the key!
- Improved Fitness: As you continue your walking journey, you will begin to notice an improvement in your overall fitness level through time. You will be able to walk longer distances and walk on more challenging terrains.
- Better Sleep: Consistent, regular physical activity can help improve sleep quality. As we mentioned in a previous blog, there is great value in getting quality sleep!
- Stress Reduction: Walking is an activity that can serve as a stress reliever and provide you with a moment to clear your mind. It is also a great opportunity to brainstorm ideas too.
These four advantages of reaching a 10,000 daily step goal can make a big impact on overall health!
Strategies to Hit the 10,000 Steps Goal
There are strategies that you can incorporate into your daily routine that will help you in reaching your 10,000 step goal.
- Start Slowly: If walking was not a part of your previous routine, we suggest starting slowly. Begin with a lower step goal, and gradually work your way up to 10,000 steps.
- Incorporate Walks into Your Routine: During your work day, incorporate walking into your breaks. Take a short walk during these breaks, or schedule a before work or after work walking session.
- Make It Enjoyable: Walking with a friend or family member, listening to an inspiring podcast, or walking a more scenic route are great ways to make walking more enjoyable to help you achieve your daily goal.
- Use Technology: Smartphone apps, wearable devices, and fitness trackers are available as a way to help you track your steps to ensure you reach your goal. They will provide you with real-time feedback to help you monitor your walking.
By incorporating these strategies into your walking routine, they can help you in reaching your daily step goal.
No Slack Just Hustle Programs Incorporate the 10,000 Daily Step Goal
At No Slack Just Hustle we don’t just write or talk about programs, we test them first and then implement them only if our team of experts approve! Our fitness and optimized programs all incorporate the 10,000 daily step goal as a part of your routine to help you reach your health and wellness goals.
When you join the No Slack Just Hustle Membership Community, we include a copy of the Optimized Human Blueprint with your membership which shares in more detail the value and reasoning behind why we believe in the 10,000 step goal.
This is also a part of our Fat Loss Made Simple Course as well as our No Slack Just Hustle Optimized Program! These are two great ways to get your health and wellness journey started in the right direction.
If you are ready to start your health and wellness journey, and are looking for a team who cares and wants to support you, then contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit noslackjusthustle.com to see what we have to offer to help you get started today!
And remember… in everything you do… No Slack… Just Hustle!
The information provided in this blog is for informational and educational purposes only. It is essential to consult your physician or qualified health professional before making any significant changes to your lifestyle, or to your exercise routine, especially if you have underlying health conditions.